Level 10 - Therapeutic concepts in your Shiatsu practice
Course contentIn this course the meridian free orientation is combined with meridian work and osteopathic techniques. This happens on the basis of the perception of the whole person in her/his body space; the therapist decides which of the available techniques (energetic kyo-jitsu patterns, meridian Shiatsu or osteopathic techniques) s/he wants to use in any given case.
Energetic work is deepened. For this level students prepare topics about concrete diseases or complaints and present them in written form and as a short lecture in front of the class. Topics such as "What is health and what is disease?", "No intention" or "How does Shiatsu actually work?" are looked at more closely. Visions and plans for after the training are shared and discussed.
Course aimAt the end of this course you will:
- be able to connect meridian work with meridian free Shiatsu with kyo and jitsu patterns and with osteopathic techniques
- have a deeper understanding of how you can meet your clients in different situations in your Shiatsu practice in clear and focused treatments
- know more about a number of complains and diseases and how you can support your clients effectively with Shiatsu
- know how to find the information needed when having questions coming up in your practice
- be able to assess your own Shiatsu and decide which steps to take to prepare for the exam your diploma and afterwards
- know how to prepare for the Swiss higher federal exam for complementary therapy
Target groupStudents of the shiatsu training of the ISS Kiental or other schools.
RequirementsAttendance in Level 1-9 at the ISS or equivalent courses at other institutes.
Remarks54 hours of education, EMR/ASCA compliant.
Further InformationBetween levels 6 and 7, a total of at least 20 treatments must be given (of which at least 20 must be recorded in reports). Between levels 9 and 10, at least 1 tutorial and 1 mentoring session must be completed.
By level 10 the first case study is completed.
Between level 10 and the registration for the diploma examination, a total of at least 20 treatments have to be given (at least 20 of them have to be recorded in reports). At least 1 tutorial and 2 mentorates have to be completed.
Between level 2 and the registration for the diploma examination, at least 6 internships with teachers of the school, other accredited mentors or SGS-recognised therapists have to be completed.
Between level 5 and the registration for the diploma exam, at least 7 mentorates with teachers of the school and other accredited mentors have to be completed.
Between level 10 and the registration for the diploma examination two further case studies have to be written and a diploma thesis (supervised) has to be written. All exam papers must be received by the ISS course management at least 12 weeks before the exam date. Further information can be found in the student handbook and on GoogleDrive.
head of the ISS-Kiental since April 2016 where he also is teaching. He also is teacher at the Shiatsu School Hamburg, Osteopath and Naturopath with own shiatsu practice in Konstanz at lake Bodensee and Hamburg. Through his education in Craniosacral Therapy and Osteopathy he gained profound knowledge which became an important aspect of his Shiatsu practice. Before that time he was working as artistic costume and stage designer at various german theaters. Long years of meditation, intense buddhistic studies and awareness training are all part of his profound background knowledge.
Special cancellation conditions during the Corona crisis:
- If an offer (no matter when it was booked) has to be cancelled or postponed by us, you are entitled to the full amount. This was already true before Corona and it still applies. Besides a payout, you also have the possibility to leave your credit balance for the rescheduled course or for another offer, or to make a voucher out of it. By doing so, you help us a lot.
- In addition, during the Corona crisis, we offer special cancellation conditions for new incoming bookings for all of our own offers which take place until the end of June 2021. All corresponding bookings can be cancelled free of charge until 14 days before the start of the offer (cure, course, ...). The payment terms remain unchanged (deposit 14 days after registration, remaining payment of early booking price 60 days, remaining payment of normal price 14 days before course start). For courses from July 1st 2021, the normal cancellation conditions apply again. In the event of a positive PCR corona test, cancellation is without cost consequence.
CHF 1015 (excl. accommodation, meals and tourist tax)
CHF 910 (excl. accommodation, meals and tourist tax). The early bird price is only applicable for a down payment of 20% 14 days after registration and payment of the remaining costs up to 60 days before the seminar begins. Please note sections 8, 20 and 21 of the terms and conditions.
|Prices for full board and lodging for 4 nights||CHF|
|Single occupancy of 2-bed-room clay or wood100 with shower/toilet||848.00|
|2-bed-room clay or wood100 with shower/toilet||648.00|
|Single occupancy of 2-bed-room with shower/toilet||648.00|
|1-bed-room with shower/toilet||608.00|
|Single occupancy of 2-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||568.00|
|2-bed-room with shower/toilet||508.00|
|2-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||468.00|
|3-bed-room with shower/toilet||488.00|
|3-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||408.00|
|4-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||368.00|