Our Shiatsu introduction days give everyone the opportunity to get a first impression of the spirit, art and philosophy of Shiatsu. Giving and receiving shiatsu treatments will open a window to a new quality of life. For all medical professionals this seminar is an opportunity to expand their knowledge and skills. At the same time the introduction days can be the entrance into our Shiatsu therapist education.
Course contentIn these two days the students will get an impression of the history and philosophy of Shiatsu. They learn part of the whole body outline, a treatment which can already be applied on family members and friends. The main focus will be on learning basic Shiatsu techniques as well as using one's own body as the main tool in Shiatsu. They also learn physical excercises which support them in positioning themselves during the treatment.
- be familiar with the basic principles of Shiatsu
- know how to use your hands in Shiatsu
- be familiar with the meaning and the right use of your body as an instrument and know how to use your body weight efficiently during treatments
- know different mobilization and stretching techniques and be able to use them in the right way
- be able to use simple treatment tecniques for the whole body
Target groupAnybody interested in bodywork, particularly those who would like to get to know shiatsu and give treatments to their family members and friends.
RequirementsNo specific skills are needed, however, an interest in bodywork is essential.
RemarksThe total amount of 14 hours can be applied to Shiatsu Level 1, counts as continuing education and is EMR / ASCA compliant.
originally trained as a stage dancer. Since 2013 Shiatsu therapist at the International Shiatsu School Kiental. Then assistant and mentor at the International Shiatsu School Kiental. Further education in Shin Tai and Shiatsu during pregnancy. Has her own practice in Basel and is mother of two children.