Trager is a highly developed form of integrative touch and movement that begins with this remarkable idea: It is possible to teach anyone to experience themselves as healthy and whole.
Course contentThe genius of Dr. Milton Trager was his understanding that nothing long-lasting happens until the patient feels the changes in his tissues and is taught to return to that feeling state through practice.
As the Trager therapist we, learn to read the clients habitual movement patterns and to teach them how to shift to a more comfortable way of being and a more efficient way to move through their lives. We learn to do this with a remarkable honesty and gentle touch that can recall for the client the memory of a child being cradled and rocked by a parent.
Through lecture, demonstration and practice, we will learn:
- Mentastics® Self Care Movement exercises to keep us comfortable as the therapist as we work. We will teach these to our clients so that they may elicit similar changes on their own
- How inquiry and a meditative presence transform touch into a language that reaches the clients unconscious
- In these two days we learn some basic manipulations
Course aimsThe participants
- are able to use the Trager principles without effort and without feeling the tension of repetitive movements
- learn to give feedback and to receive feedback from other students, assistants, tutors and instructors
Target groupTherapists and students of various body and mind disciplines. Anyone who is interested in the TRAGER education.
RequirementsAnyone with an interest in touch and movement. Anyone who is interested in working in an easier way, in taking better care of themselves while they work.
Remarks14 hours education/advanced training EMR/ASCA compliant.
For all Trager courses we offer a 70% discount on the course price (excl. Board and lodging) for repetition of the course. Please add a note when registering.
This course is also interesting for other therapy methods as a further education.
Bring alongComfortable clothing, house shoes.
- Video über Trager® Approach (Englisch)
Trager Instructor (CH). Peter was introduced to Trager in 2007. Together with his wife Julia he runs an Aikido Dojo in Uster and holds the 4th Dan. He brings a lot of clarity, joy and calmness to his teaching. He is a trained psychiatric nurse and a certified naturopath.
CHF 340 (excl. accommodation, meals and tourist tax)