Resonance-based animal body therapy as further training for (body) therapists of all methods and professionals from (animal) care and pedagogy.
The continuing education course is based on an integrative, experimental and somatically oriented model. Learners are introduced to resonance with animals through animal-based body therapy (or) through a simple form of shiatsu in order to be able to incorporate this experiential gain into their own practice/activities.
Body-based part of the course
- we will learn the basics of TCM diagnostics in veterinary medicine (Shu-/Ting-/Mu-points, pathways and functional circles) based on the TCM teachings from the human field
- look at the diagnostic images of the 5 transformation phases in animals
- practice manual and energetic techniques from animal Shiatsu, so that we can apply them in the field of health maintenance in dogs and equines
Resonance-based part of the course
- we learn how to approach animals with a resonance-based, trauma-sensitive approach
- we enhance our awareness towards other living beings who do not have a verbal, but predominantly physical as well as energetic language
- orient ourselves towards a strengthening of our physical awareness in relation to the embodied experience of animals
- learn to enter into co-creation with animals and to recognize strategies of our own dominance behavior
- receive techniques from the fields of mindfulness, meditation and perception training with animals
Also part of the course is the development and discussion of basic literature.
23.03. - 24.03.2024 | Module 1: CONTACT
25.05. - 26.05.2024 | Module 2: RESONANCE
06.07. - 07.07.2024 | Module 3: BODY
06.09. - 07.09.2024 | Module 4: EXCHANGE
30.11. - 01.12.2024 | Module 5: LISTENING
08.02. - 09.02.2025 | Module 6: REGULATION
05.04. - 06.04.2025 | Module 7: RELEASE
31.05. - 01.06.2025 | Module 8: CONNECTION
A preparatory course in handling horses for equine inexperienced therapists will be held prior to Module 1.
Duration: 16 days, 112 contact hours
All modules must be booked as a package!
Module 1: CONTACTIn Module 1 we get into contact, first with ourselves, with other participants and with the animals present. Participants define and discuss their position within the group and the course. Introduction to the topic of "learning from the other", the principle of "being there/offering/taking back". In the area of techniques we treat and discuss Bo-Shin and palpation with the animals and have first experiences with the animals as co-actors. Discussion of the element of wood. We will introduce the world of donkeys and cover husbandry, nutrition, psychology and how to handle the two female donkeys at the Kientalerhof. Participants will be instructed how donkeys are haltered, led and tethered and with which inner attitude we approach the donkeys. We discuss and experience the dimensions of voluntariness in dealing with other beings.
Please let us know if you want to take your dog with you.
- Have experience meeting and leading a donkey
- Know the basics about how donkeys are kept
- Know haltering and the important use of brushes on donkeys
- Know mindful everyday handling of dogs
- To feel and distinguish coat and tissue qualities
- Know typologies of the element wood in animals
- Know meridians liver and gall bladder in dogs and horses incl. the most important acupuncture points
- Know different types of diagnoses
Course timesDay 1: 10 - 12.30 am / 2 - 6.30 pm
Day 2: 9 - 12.30 am / 1.30 pm - 5 pm
Target groupHuman-body therapists (Shiatsu, Craniosacral, Feldenkrais, etc.).
Prerequisite for participants who are not experienced with horses: Workshop "Contact Training Horse".
Remark14 hours of education/training, EMR/ASCA compliant.
Modules 1 - 8 are to be booked as a whole in the intended order.
The preparatory workshop "Contact Training Horse" for participants inexperienced with horses with Myriam GRAF.
Information on registration will follow directly after course registration from the course leader.
Art scientist/curator with several years of experience in exhibitions and scientific research with a focus on ephemeral and spatial art (installations), transculture and canon formation. Training in animal communication, animal shiatsu, and Trust Technique® mindfulness for people with animals, as well as advanced training in various body therapies for dogs and horses and in animal self-therapies (zoopharmacognosy). Member of the Many Path to the Heart / Creating Sanctuary committee, founded by Stormy May, a knowledge community of people, animals and plants committed to building a harmonious inner and outer world. In training to become a Somatic Coach at the Somatic School in London. Since 2019 own practice in Brugg/AG. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
CHF 460 (excl. accommodation, meals and tourist tax)
CHF 415 (excl. accommodation, meals and tourist tax). The early bird price is only applicable for a down payment of 20% 14 days after registration and payment of the remaining costs up to 60 days before the seminar begins. Please note sections 8, 20 and 21 of the terms and conditions.
|Prices per person for full board and lodging for 1 night||CHF|
|Single occupancy of 2-bed-room clay or wood100 with shower/toilet||262.00|
|2-bed-room clay or wood100 with shower/toilet||202.00|
|Single occupancy of 2-bed-room with shower/toilet||212.00|
|1-bed-room with shower/toilet||202.00|
|Single occupancy of 2-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||192.00|
|2-bed-room with shower/toilet||167.00|
|2-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||157.00|
|3-bed-room with shower/toilet||157.00|
|3-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||137.00|
|4-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||127.00|