Reflex Response 1"You can be so soft and light. You really have to be this to be effective. Develop a consciousness that is so fidgety! We bombard the mind with stimuli. Until the mind is stimulated, nothing has happened." Dr. Milton Trager
In this class we learn to bring awareness to a specific area, emphasise a feeling or facilitate balance between antagonistic muscle groups. Tense areas can be released. In the case of paralysis, this work is effective in triggering a sense of activity, that is, simulating a feeling of what it would be like if the person had active movement in that particular area. This work requires specific touch including quality and quantity, sensitivity, timing as well as precise verbal cues. This prepares the source of information and input to evoke a feeling experience that needs to be imprinted in the client's subconscious. This usually involves movement, strength and/or balance.
Learning content Level 13
- reflex Response training with all the basics
- practical work to integrate subtlety, softness and gentleness in the work with reflexes.
- communication exercises to make the connection between brain, nerves and muscles more aware and clear.
- Mentastics and Reflex Response to raise awareness and facilitate changes in posture and gait
- theory and practice for a Trager treatment with Reflex Response
- theory and practice for understanding the striving for balance in the human organism (homeostasis) and how Trager Therapy can support this (professional profile KT)
- deepen their knowledge of how reflexes work and how to use them to increase effectiveness in practice
- have practical experience to increase their sensitivity while working with the principles of subtlety, softness and gentleness of movement
- are able to work with reflexes and make the connection between brain and nerve and muscle more aware and clear through clear communication.
- have experience of using Mentastics and Reflex Response to raise awareness and facilitate changes in posture and gait
- understand how to integrate Reflex Response appropriately into treatment
- understand the quest for balance in the human organism (homeostasis) and how Trager Therapy can support this (professional profile KT)
Remark25 hours of training, EMR/ASCA compliant.
Course timesThu, 10 – 12.30 / 15 – 18.30 h
Fri, 9 – 12.30 / 15 – 18.30 h
Sat, 9 – 12.30 / 15 – 18.30 h
Sun, 9 – 12.30 / 13.30 – 15 h
Bring alongComfortable clothes, slippers if necessary.
Video about Trager Therapy
became a physical therapist in 1974 and later, after being first experienced reflex response in a session with a Trager practitioner. Response had experienced, she was drawn to Trager. This experience and the continuing fascination with Reflex Response inspired her to become a 2002 Trager practitioner, to become a tutor in 2006, and is now a solo instructor. She has organized Trager in Egypt for the past 20 years and now teaches the now teaches the Trager community there. Katriona is married and has been living in Cairo, Egypt since 1975, where she has a full-time practice and has led active childbirth classes for women in Egypt for the past 30 years. She has learned Somatic Experiencing® to complement her work, which allows her to help clients Coping with major and minor traumatic events in their lives.
|Prices per person for full board and lodging for 3 nights||CHF|
|Single occupancy of 2-bed-room clay or wood100 with shower/toilet||678.00|
|2-bed-room clay or wood100 with shower/toilet||528.00|
|Single occupancy of 2-bed-room with shower/toilet||528.00|
|1-bed-room with shower/toilet||498.00|
|Single occupancy of 2-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||468.00|
|2-bed-room with shower/toilet||423.00|
|2-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||393.00|
|3-bed-room with shower/toilet||408.00|
|3-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||348.00|
|4-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||318.00|