Reflex Response 2"Don't try. Trying is effort, effort creates tension. If you feel tension, the easier you must be." Dr. Milton Trager
In this class we can look at deeper listening and application to specific situations and particular needs of our clients - e.g. spasticity, balance and lack of stability, spinal problems. We incorporate Reflex Response in a variety of positions suitable for treatment: Lateral, Sitting (suitable for wheelchair or less mobile clients), Kneeling, Standing. We look at use and reason for doing compressions (e.g. in hypermobility: loss of sensory structure). We explore Reflex Response in Mentastics for better balance and stability, communication of the process and show the value for the client.
Learning content Level 16
- functioning of different muscle groups
- balancing tone, decreasing or increasing depending on the situation
- theory and practice to find better balance and stability yourself and how to communicate this to the client.
- appropriate integration of Reflex Response into treatment
- theory about the understanding of the human being as an independent creator of his or her life, who develops his or her potential (professional profile KT)
- know the functioning of antagonistic muscle groups
- can balance, decrease or increase tone depending on the situation
- achieve better balance and stability and can communicate this to the client
- can integrate Reflex Response appropriately into the treatment
- understands and respects the person as an independent creator of his or her life, who tries to develop his or her potential and create meaning (professional profile KT)
Remark25 hours of training, EMR/ASCA compliant.
Course timesThu, 10 - 12.30 / 15 - 18.30 h
Fri, 9 - 12.30 / 15 - 18.30 h
Sat, 9 - 12.30 / 15 - 18.30 h
Sun, 9 - 12.30 / 13.30 – 15 h
Bring alongComfortable clothes, slippers if necessary.
Video about Trager Therapy
became a physical therapist in 1974 and later, after being first experienced reflex response in a session with a Trager practitioner. Response had experienced, she was drawn to Trager. This experience and the continuing fascination with Reflex Response inspired her to become a 2002 Trager practitioner, to become a tutor in 2006, and is now a solo instructor. She has organized Trager in Egypt for the past 20 years and now teaches the now teaches the Trager community there. Katriona is married and has been living in Cairo, Egypt since 1975, where she has a full-time practice and has led active childbirth classes for women in Egypt for the past 30 years. She has learned Somatic Experiencing® to complement her work, which allows her to help clients Coping with major and minor traumatic events in their lives.
|Prices per person for full board and lodging for 3 nights||CHF|
|Single occupancy of 2-bed-room clay or wood100 with shower/toilet||738.00|
|2-bed-room clay or wood100 with shower/toilet||558.00|
|Single occupancy of 2-bed-room with shower/toilet||588.00|
|1-bed-room with shower/toilet||558.00|
|Single occupancy of 2-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||528.00|
|2-bed-room with shower/toilet||453.00|
|2-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||423.00|
|3-bed-room with shower/toilet||423.00|
|3-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||363.00|
|4-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||333.00|