"Tension arises in the mind. The body reflects the degree of tension that is present in the mind."Dr. Milton Trager
In this course we deepen the ability to respond to the needs of clients. Be it in non-judgemental observation of their movements during Mentastics or in table work. We refine the feeling for the basic skills and the quantity of stimulation a particular person needs. The holistic nature of the human being encompasses different, even contradictory experiences (feelings, thoughts, attitudes, etc.). This complexly structured holistic form of human experience cannot be understood and influenced by analysis and rational procedures alone. Awareness of this complexity is a basis for shaping the therapeutic relationship and Trager's therapeutic intention.
Learning content Level 5
- observation of movement patterns in clients and training of appropriate suggestions
- specific application of Mentastics
- different perceptual systems
- training of balance, mindfulness and self-awareness
- understanding of the partnership approach to the client and how to deal with resistance
- expanded repertoire of Trager movements in each body region
- expanded repertoire of reflex responses
- ethics in the therapeutic setting
- are able to offer more complex and balanced movement patterns to their practice clients and/or have them find them themselves.
- understand that there are different perceptual systems and be able to verbally guide, model or work with touch with a client
- begin to find balance (calm/lively, lightness/weight, self-awareness/general mindfulness)
- understand the partnership attitude (not imposing, being equal)
- are able to deepen the quality of presence - with oneself and with the partner, hook-up
- are able to apply the extended repertoire of hand postures with directions of movement in each body region, supine and prone position
- are able to develop a feeling for cycles, dose (time, tempo, amount), ending of a sequence
- are able to apply and integrate an extended repertoire of the basic principles of reflex response
- develop a deeper understanding of ethics in the therapeutic setting
Remark25 hours of training, EMR/ASCA compliant.
Course timesThu, 10 – 12.30 / 15 – 18.30 h
Fri, 9 – 12.30 / 15 – 18.30 h
Sat, 9 – 12.30 / 15 – 18.30 h
Sun, 9 – 12.30 / 13.30 – 15 h
Bring alongComfortable clothes, slippers if necessary.
Video about Trager Therapy
has been a Trager practitioner and teacher for the last 40 years. He studied with Dr. Milton Trager for 16 years and has a full time practice in Zurich, Switzerland. He has been a summer camp director, schoolteacher, farmer, businessman and massage instructor. He delights in sharing what he has discovered over the years, from his understanding of the relationship between therapist and patient to the mystery of growing the perfect tomato.
Trager Instructor, (CH). Gabriela began exploring Trager in 1994. Since then she has been interested in moving and strengthening the body in a soft way. She has background in the commercial sector and is an adult educator since 2015 (SVEB 1, 2, 3).
CHF 760 (excl. accommodation, meals and tourist tax)
CHF 685 (excl. accommodation, meals and tourist tax). The early bird price is only applicable for a down payment of 20% 14 days after registration and payment of the remaining costs up to 60 days before the seminar begins. Please note sections 8, 20 and 21 of the terms and conditions.
|Prices per person for full board and lodging for 3 nights||CHF|
|Single occupancy of 2-bed-room clay or wood100 with shower/toilet||678.00|
|2-bed-room clay or wood100 with shower/toilet||528.00|
|Single occupancy of 2-bed-room with shower/toilet||528.00|
|1-bed-room with shower/toilet||498.00|
|Single occupancy of 2-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||468.00|
|2-bed-room with shower/toilet||423.00|
|2-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||393.00|
|3-bed-room with shower/toilet||408.00|
|3-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||348.00|
|4-bed-room, shower/toilet on floor||318.00|